Third OfficerReq ID 77665BR Job category SHIPPING Countries (State/Region) Flexible Location Singapore - Flexible - Singapore
The Third Officer has the authority to take action to ensure the safety of the vessel and crew and to effectively carry out the responsibilities of the role. They must seek guidance as directed by the Fleet Operating System and the Standing Orders issued by the Master.
The following is a list of the key responsibilities which a Third Officer would be expected to undertake with BP Maritime Services;
- Maintain a navigational and anchor watch in compliance with all legislative, national, international and Company applicable requirements including the management of lookouts.
- Maintain a cargo watch in compliance with all legislative, national, international and Company requirements including the management of the deck watch.
- To carry out Deck Department duties, including Mooring and anchoring operations and taking stores, as directed by the Master.
- Conform with all the requirements of the Fleet OMS applicable to the rank.
- Make the correct and appropriate entries into the ships log books.
- Maintain and correct Admiralty Light Lists and Radio signals.
- Officer of the Watch Unrestricted Certificate of Competency from a designated Maritime Authority;
- Specialized Oil/ Chemical or Gas Training in conjunction with tanker endorsement where applicable.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Previous experience as an officer on watch on-board a tanker;
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills in English;
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Chief Mate Unrestricted Certificate of Competency
- STCW 2010 Training completed
Yes - up to 100%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP Maritime Services (Isle of Man) provides logistical support to BP Maritime Services (Singapore) including allocating crew to vessels, crew changes and management, travel administration and arrangements and training administration. This activity is administered from the Isle of Man.
Corporate & Functions
[ "10-Mar-2017" ]