Statutory Accounts Lead Accountant
Statutory Accounts Lead AccountantReq ID 76176BR Job category Finance Countries (State/Region) South East Location United Kingdom - South East - Sunbury
- To ensure timely and accurate preparation and review of a portfolio of more complex UK statutory accounts and tax packs for entities which are the responsibility of the UK Statutory Accounting team. Ensure full reconciliations from ledgers to statutory accounts and corporate tax reporting. Research technical accounting issues and assess impairments relating to these companies. Timely response to queries raised on accounts and tax analyses from Group Tax and external auditors E&Y.
- Build and maintain close relationships with the business whose accounts are being prepared, to ensure issues are understood, reported correctly and prompt resolution is given to audit queries. Recent team members have used the experience to move into roles in the business segments.
- Participate in ongoing continuous improvements projects relating to the preparation of the UK statutory accounts.
- Preparation and review of a number of complex UK statutory accounts under FRS101, including director’s brief, audit file, tax packs and quality control check lists (with support from relevant group reporting teams).
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects for UK statutory accounting process.
- Research technical accounting queries raised and document research for Team Lead / Head of Accounting Policy / E&Y review.
- First point of contact for the audit of these accounts, ensure all audit queries are responded to on a timely basis (with support from relevant group reporting teams).
- Ensure all tax queries are responded to on a timely basis (with support from relevant group reporting teams).
- Input into distributable reserves analysis from UK companies.
- Input to preparation of SFN’s for companies within the portfolio, including liaising with other functions.
- Ensure compliance with and timely sign off of milestones in SATS for companies responsible for.
- Fully qualified accountant and current member of a recognised national or international professional accountancy body.
- Current knowledge of relevant external financial reporting requirements and developments.
Essential experience and job requirements
Essential experience and requirements
- Ability to prioritise work load, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in statutory accounts preparation with strong technical accounting skills.
- Experience of reporting processes and systems within BP or processes/systems in similar sized organisations
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Understanding Accounts - Understanding Financial and Accounting Information - Skilful
- Ensuring Compliance and Maintaining Standards - Internal Control - Basic
- Ensuring Compliance and Maintaining Standards - External Regulations - Basic
- Reporting Information and Communicating MI - External Reporting – Skilful
- Managing Relationships and Building Partnerships - Internal Relationships - Skilful
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Finance Function fulfills three key activities: to report financial and operational results, both internally and externally, with independence and integrity; to support business performance management and planning processes by using consistent data collection and reporting processes; and to integrate financial and commercial processes to enable end to end optimization. Finance also supports the development of annual and long term plans, strategies and performance management processes as well as provides economic analysis and Group Investment Assurance and Approval Process (GIAAP) support for business opportunities, investments and other specific projects as needed.
Corporate & Functions
[ "20-Jan-2017" ]