Senior Proposal Leader
American Hydro Corporation, A Wartsila Company
- IT & Engineering
This role involves direct customer interaction with responsibility to win new business and includes the development of final and budgetary proposals for company products and services. This position may have key account responsibility with certain customers. The work includes leadership and coordination of technical and commercial information necessary to respond to customer and company needs as well as face to face negotiations with customers to secure contracts. The Senior Proposal Leader may be expected to lead a small team of Proposal Leaders in support of both domestic and international opportunities.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with the objective of securing new business.
- Respond to customer requests for final and preliminary pricing, technical and performance information.
- Prepare and assist Proposal Leaders in the preparation of final bids and proposals.
- Contract negotiations.
- Customer presentations and on-site meetings.
- Participation in trade shows.
- Solicit and evaluate quotations from potential major subcontractors in preparation for bidding.
- Provide support to the project management team.
- Prepare and execute all internal approval requirements in support of the company’s quality system.
- Follows established proposal process
- Proposal accuracy
- Proposal success rate
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with ten years of experience in technical sales and/or project management
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Competent in use of Microsoft Office programs
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. In certain areas of the facility personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required, including safety glasses and steel-toed shoes, and ear plugs.