Senior Financial Accountant - German Speaking
Senior Financial Accountant - German SpeakingReq ID 77215BR Job category Finance Countries (State/Region) Central Location Hungary - Central - Budapest
The Lead Accountant will deliver Finance Group reporting services to the business(es) assigned to the role. The Lead Accountant is expected to work autonomously on complex entities, and may be asked to take on a supervisory role for subordinate staff.
Each Lead Accountant role is exposed to the issues facing clients in the portfolio, and successful applicants will be required to develop a thorough understanding of the client organisation and business in order to be able to deliver a quality service.
- Deliver Finance Group Reporting services to the business(es) assigned to the role
- Execution of timely monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, and accurate reporting in accordance with Finance Standards and Practices, including the Group Reporting Manual for all entities which fall within the Lead Accountant’s portfolio, in liaison with the relevant Business
- Support the delivery of timely and accurate Statutory accounts and Tax analyses through liaison with Statutory/Tax Reporting teams and external auditors
- The Lead Accountant is expected to be able to work autonomously on complex entities, and may be asked to take on a supervisory role for junior staff
- Each Accountant role is exposed to issues facing the clients in the portfolio, and Accountants are required to develop a thorough understanding of the client organisation and business in order to be able to deliver a quality service
- Support Business clients in understanding General Ledger and Group reporting pertaining to them
- Manage the General Ledgers relating to assigned clients including reviewing and/or processing Journals for Businesses e.g. allocations and adjustments
- Ensure timely and accurate submissions to Group Accounts
- Support General Ledger Close Process
- Work in conjunction with the Statutory and Tax team to produce statutory accounts and tax submissions
- Support the Indirect Tax Team where necessary (e.g. clearing VAT return queries)
- Internal Control – Produce reconciliations (and supporting evidence where necessary) to ensure the BSC meets its Balance Sheet Integrity obligations. Review and test control compliance
- Work with and review work of Outsourced Service Providers
- Fully understand and apply Group Accounting Policies and relevant Group & Finance Standards & Practices
- Provide Technical Accounting advice where necessary
- Coach, mentor and support other team members
- Financial accounting experience
- Recognised accounting qualification
- Able to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery against tight deadlines
Essential experience and job requirements
- High level of Accounting knowledge
- English and German Language knowledge
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- SAP user knowledge preferred
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Finance Function fulfills three key activities: to report financial and operational results, both internally and externally, with independence and integrity; to support business performance management and planning processes by using consistent data collection and reporting processes; and to integrate financial and commercial processes to enable end to end optimization. Finance also supports the development of annual and long term plans, strategies and performance management processes as well as provides economic analysis and Group Investment Assurance and Approval Process (GIAAP) support for business opportunities, investments and other specific projects as needed.
Corporate & Functions
[ "04-Feb-2017" ]