Project Process Engineer NORTH STAR (Fixed term 42 month )
Project Process Engineer NORTH STAR (Fixed term 42 month )Req ID 77771BR Job category PROJECTS Countries (State/Region) Central Location China - Central - Shanghai
The Project Process Engineer is a key role which assists the Engineering Manager in delivery of engineering objectives for new projects and plant improvement initiatives in China. The role provides process optimization/ continuous improvement and process safety discipline expertise for process engineering. This includes developing process safety resolutions to mitigate hazards and reduce operational risk and providing process engineering support to appraise conceptual engineering solutions for the projects in China, as well as to support the transitioning of these concepts into detailed engineering, execution and operations.
This role sits in our Castrol business, a part of the BP Group. Join Castrol and you’ll get all of the benefits of a company steeped in family spirit and history, coupled with the security and opportunities a big corporation can offer.
• Provides process engineering competence and functional assurance to the North Star Project in relation to the concept development, basic engineering (FEED) and detailed engineering of regional project & process related activities.
• Specifies and assures policies, process and engineering attributes required to control the quality/safety/environmental outcomes of new projects and (existing) process improvement initiatives
• Ensuring “industrialization” of new and modified formulations from Global Lubricants Technology (GLT) introduced into the China plants
• Provide critical Select and Define stage inputs to conceptual engineering of projects and support the transitioning of these concepts into detailed engineering, execution and operations.
• Work with project and plant operations teams to develop, review and endorse technical MoCs for blending plants, including the development of inherently safer process engineering and operational management solutions.
• Ensures that the process operates to deliver quality, safety and environmental objectives
• Ensures that assets/equipment/systems operates within the specified design parameters accounting for variability in product and operating characteristics
• Provides coaching and strategic support to project and plant engineering teams on sustaining asset integrity at the facility level in a manner best suited to their individual operating demands/challenges
• Assist or key role in Process safety reviews ( HAZID, HAZOP, PSSR, etc), risk assessments and action item resolution plans to mitigate safety hazards and reduce operational risks
• Works closely with the Initiator and/or Leader of Project HSSE Reviews (PHSSERs) to enhance the effectiveness and rigour of Process Safety assurance processes
• Deploys and assures relevant Group, Segment (R&M) and SPU (Lubricants) Engineering standards and technical practices as delegated. Assure project engineering compliant with local regulations.
• Ensure project engineering meet OMS design and construction requirement.
• Provides expertise that supports testing and commissioning activities throughout the project
• Work with Region & Global process or engineering, knowing the global lubricants process trends and development. Adopt it into local project execution.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Petroleum Engineering
Essential experience and job requirements
8 – 10+ years relevant working experience in engineering projects for process engineering, process safety, high volume products manufacturing, etc.
Knowledge of all relevant oil and gas industry codes, standards and regulations associated with process design and process safety engineering
Knowledge of process safety hazard’s analysis and risk assessment methodologies
Demonstrated process engineering, process safety and related experience
Comply with BP’s behaviours and business principle and requirements as well as local authorities’ rules and standards
Fluent in reading and written English and Mandarin
Lubricants industry experience is preferred
Registered Chemical Engineer
Consumer packaged good experience
Supply Chain experience
Proven competencies in BP Operating Management System (OMS) or industry equivalent:
• Procedures and Practices (OMS 4.1)
• Risk Assessment and Management (OMS 3.1)
• Process Safety (OMS 3.3)
• Management of Change (OMS 4.2)
• Control of Work (OMS 4.5)
• Project Management (OMS 5.1)
• Design and Construction (OMS 5.2)
• Asset Operation (OMS 5.3)
• Inspection and Maintenance (OMS 5.4)
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of over 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
BP has been operating in China since the early 1970s. With a total investment of US$4.7 billion at the end of 2009, BP is one of the leading foreign investors in China. BP’s business activities include offshore gas production, chemical joint ventures, aviation fuel supply, LPG import and marketing, oil product and lubricant retailing, solar power installations and manufacturing, and the sales of chemicals technology.
In addition to these commercial projects, BP has been actively engaged in energy research activities, particularly clean energy and alternative energy R&D initiatives, aiming to develop clean, sustainable and local energy solutions to support the Chinese economic development. The projects we are involved in include
- Clean Energy Facing the Future – a 10-Year R&D initiative in partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- Clean Energy Commercialization Centre, a research joint venture in Partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- BP- Tsinghua Clean Energy Research and Education Centre
- BP-Sun Yat-Sen University Center for LNG Education, Training and Research
In parallel, BP has been working to invest in the community to help address the local issues. By the end of 2009, BP’s total community investment in China exceeded US$12 million and BP’s community practices have been recognized by “2007 Multinational Corporation with Utmost Core Competitiveness in China” Award jointly issued by UNEP and China International Institute of Multinational Corporations, and also “China’s Best Corporate Citizenship Award” by 21st Century Business Herald and 21st Century Business Review for 5 consecutive years since 2004.
[ "06-Apr-2017" ]