Project ManagerReq ID 77719BR Job category Information Technology & Services Countries (State/Region) Central Location Malaysia - Central - Kuala Lumpur
The Project Capability Organisation within Business Application Systems (BAS) provides project leadership including Project/Programme management, Design Management, Data Management, Test Management and Cutover Management for the delivery of IT&S scope. The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of projects of values circa $5 – 10 million
Information Technology and Services (IT&S) BAS are looking for an experienced and energetic person who will function as a Project Manager, who is flexible regarding deployment to projects and will be responsible for managing and successfully delivering IT projects, reporting to the Project Cluster Lead Asia Pacific.
A strong leader and influencer, the candidate must have both relevant and extensive experience in IT Project Delivery, coupled with strategic forward thinking and motivated by working within a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Deploy projects to cost, time and budget in a safe and reliable manner and in accordance to the BP Values and Behaviours
- Lead and manage the project team in order to deliver a quality solution on time, following the approved SMART methodology
- Report the project budget spend to principal leadership/project sponsor
- Identify the right skill required for project resource and source project team members through collaboration with the Demand and Supply process
- Communicate project status to the Project Sponsor, the Single Point of Accountability (SPA) and Project Governance Board
- Serve as an escalation level for critical project issues and risks through Governance and Design Authorities to ensure a consistent strategic route forward
- Identify and manage interdependencies and integration issues with other IT&S projects ensuring Project & Programme plans are aligned
- Responsible for team motivation, welfare and safety
- Implement strategy and maintain of overall project scope/plan
- Steer the project to fulfill Quality Assurance responsibilities
- Partner with the relevant teams within BAS, to ensure all requirements for Application and Run Support are met during the transition phases of projects
- Deliver solutions that ensure operational integrity and on-going reliable availability of the systems to the business
- Ensure the project adheres to IT&S design governance policies in order to maintain the integrity of the templates being deployed
- Ensure all change requests are fully understood, impact assessments completed and the appropriate business justification has been received and funding approved
- Collaborate with business representatives in strategic planning and share accountability for benefits realisation throughout the implementation
- Manage workload of staff to ensure team members are consistently managed and challenged
- Select, develop and motivate a project team, while meeting business objectives and satisfying cost criteria
- Promote effective teamwork and manage the resolution of interpersonal issues
- Identify ways to share resources across IT&S to promote information sharing and career/ skill development
- Play significant role in performance management, either overseeing or actually writing appraisals, giving feedback and helping staff design their career development plans
- Participate in Lessons Learned and Network Meetings for collaboration and foster Knowledge Sharing
- Promote the use of knowledge management processes and tools
- Leverage successful products, processes and best practices across IT&S
- Verify documentation is captured in a document management system.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
- IT Project Leadership full life-cycle implementation experience
- Project Management Certification: PMI or Prince2
- Organisational influence and relationship management
- Abilities and confidence in managing activities with conflicting priorities
- Experience in the orchestration of metrics/management reporting
- SMART or other IT implementation and Project Management methodologies
- Risk & Issue Management
- Understanding of project financials
- Experience managing 10 - 30 FTEs or more
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Knowledge of relevant business and systems processes
- Experience of managing technical IT projects
- Experience of managing non-SAP projects interfacing into SAP modules
- Experience of managing SAP projects
- Experience working with different cultures
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP is one of the three largest energy companies in the world, operating in over 100 countries across 6 continents. Information Technology & Services (IT&S), provides a full range of IT services to BP's global business segments.
IT&S plays a critical role in the delivery of defined world-class operational services that BP businesses can rely upon in support of their own performance. Our specific accountabilities include the delivery of services to specified target levels, including availability, recoverability and cost to the corporation. These services must also be delivered safely and secured against the growing risk of viruses and other security threats.
We aim to benchmark our performance favorably against a defined peer group of the world's best and intend to deliver our services with professionalism to rival any major business corporation in the world - this is what we mean by being 'World Class'. To achieve this exciting level of performance will require a commensurate level of enthusiasm, commitment and expertise in our people.
Corporate & Functions
[ "11-Mar-2017" ]