Project AdvisorReq ID 77610BR Job category PROJECTS Countries (State/Region) Central Location China - Central - Shanghai
The role is part of the Industrial, HD and Strategic Project Team. The role holder’s accountabilities are mainly three-fold.
In the first place, the role holder sits in the shareholder office and is accountable for maximizing BP shareholder’s interest in Castrol Dongfeng Lubricants JV.
Secondly, we have progressed a plan to widen the scope of the JV to become a vehicle for BP to become the strategic partner for whole DFM group. The objective is to expand the DFJV to become not only the main supplier of first fill and service fill of lubricants to DFM, but also the owner of DFM lubricant business to category manage whole lubricant value chain. This role works within processes that are managed during the life of a project, sub-projects or collection of projects to meet a common BP business objective. This role is responsible for assisting all critical project management elements, including Plan, Schedule, Quality, Risk, Information Management.
Thirdly, this role will be involved in the specific projects related with the industrial lubricants business.
This role sits in our Castrol business, a part of the BP Group. Join Castrol and you’ll get all of the benefits of a company steeped in family spirit and history, coupled with the security and opportunities a big corporation can offer.
BP Shareholder representative
- Monitor both the financial performance and operational performance of current Castrol Dongfeng JV and flag to strategic project director when there’re major issues reportable.
- On behalf of BP side, participate in the JV business planning and organize the board meeting and shareholder meeting if necessary.
- Cooperate with JV general manager and other BP secondees to maximize the operation efficiency of the JV.
- Track and follow up compliance to Statutory and BP standards, Policies and Procedures, including BPs project management process and HSSE requirements.
- Assist and monitor all onsite works are completed in line with BPs OMS/HSSE safe work policies and procedures.
- Ensure that projects and activities are documented in a manner compliant with relevant BP policies and procedures.
- Assist implementation of project plan, and oversees the monitoring, reporting and controlling of project delivery as required.
- Schedule Management: Develop schedule estimate, monitor and track schedule.
- Information Management: Ensures alignment to pre-established information management system.
- Scope Management: Manage project schedule and progress, including contracts.
Other Industrial lubricants projects
- As part of the industrial, HD and strategic project team, the role holder will lead or facilitate other business related projects as per to business’ needs.
- Above Bachelor degree
Essential experience and job requirements
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence at all levels internally and externally.
- Solid experience in working across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated project management skills, with proven ability to deliver projects on time, on budget with quality results.
- JV operation experience preferred
- Min 5 years working experience
- Experienced in a fast-paced projects environment.
- Demonstrable and a proven track record in contributing to project delivery.
- Skilled in communications, engagement and negotiation tactics.
- Capable in influencing others with respect to programmes, goals and agendas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in application of process improvement methodologies in an operational environment.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 75%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of over 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
BP has been operating in China since the early 1970s. With a total investment of US$4.7 billion at the end of 2009, BP is one of the leading foreign investors in China. BP’s business activities include offshore gas production, chemical joint ventures, aviation fuel supply, LPG import and marketing, oil product and lubricant retailing, solar power installations and manufacturing, and the sales of chemicals technology.
In addition to these commercial projects, BP has been actively engaged in energy research activities, particularly clean energy and alternative energy R&D initiatives, aiming to develop clean, sustainable and local energy solutions to support the Chinese economic development. The projects we are involved in include
- Clean Energy Facing the Future – a 10-Year R&D initiative in partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- Clean Energy Commercialization Centre, a research joint venture in Partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- BP- Tsinghua Clean Energy Research and Education Centre
- BP-Sun Yat-Sen University Center for LNG Education, Training and Research
In parallel, BP has been working to invest in the community to help address the local issues. By the end of 2009, BP’s total community investment in China exceeded US$12 million and BP’s community practices have been recognized by “2007 Multinational Corporation with Utmost Core Competitiveness in China” Award jointly issued by UNEP and China International Institute of Multinational Corporations, and also “China’s Best Corporate Citizenship Award” by 21st Century Business Herald and 21st Century Business Review for 5 consecutive years since 2004.
[ "24-Mar-2017" ]