Production Efficiency Improvement Analyst
Production Efficiency Improvement AnalystReq ID 77680BR Job category Operations Countries (State/Region) Central Location Oman - Central - Muscat
Reporting to the Performance & Management System Team Leader as part of the Khazzan operations team.
The purpose of the roles is to be responsible for conduction analysis and developing insights on Production Efficiency Improvement (PEI), operating & choke efficiency and reliability performance.
The Performance Analyst plays a key role working with Reservoir Development (Owner of Production Forecasting) to ensure alignment of Group Financial Outlook (GFO), Business Plan element (BPE and PEI in the region.
The Khazzan PEI Analyst role presents a rare opportunity to be part of establishing a new operating centre which will aspire to the highest operating standards, comparable with the best of BP facilities worldwide.
- Act as initial point of contact for central teams on all PEI matters.
- System Admin for PEI tool and responsible of system data accuracy.
- Provide training to end users on PEI tool when required.
- Deliver accurate and timely reporting of deferrals in the region.
- Consolidate source of top deferrals and vulnerabilities to facilities production within relevant functions.
- Identification of defect trends on behalf of Upstream.
- Ensure accuracy of consistency of PEI application and common process in the region.
- Track PEI actions to closure and maintain standard cadence of Upstream review and follow up.
- Review PEI data for anomalies, vulnerabilities and trends. Report out findings and trends.
- Use existing defined PEI practices to support decision making process.
- Provide data to the investigation process for all loses by ensuring PEI process linkage with Defect elimination and Activity Planning Process.Respond ad-hoc data request as required.
- Bachelor in Engineering, operations, business or equivalent.
- Commercial experience will be an added advantage
Essential experience and job requirements
Industry Knowledge and Experience
- At least 7years’ experience in an oil and gas Upstream environment and a good understanding of Upstream Operations processes.
- Experience in performance management in the Process/Process safety and Operating Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP PM).
- Experience with information systems for data collection and reporting analyses of KPIs.
- Proficiency of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze KPIs and provide useful analyses to support business decision.
- Self-starter and an ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure created by conflicting priorities from various stakeholders
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, applicable at all levels in the organization and Discipline Engineers.
- Experience of working in Multi-Cultural teams.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently in order to perform essential job functions
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Broad operations and Maintenance experience.
- Solid understanding of the work management process.
- Good understanding of information systems and reporting processes.
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
[ "24-Jan-2017" ]