Procurement Team Leader - Szeged
Procurement Team Leader - SzegedReq ID 77479BR Job category Procurement & Supply Chain Management Countries (State/Region) Szeged Location Hungary - Szeged
This role is accountable for:
- Development and management of staff
- Allocation and management of work to team members and first point of escalation for issues from the team
- Subject expert for systems and procurement process for team
- Management of appropriate stakeholder relationships within the BSC and the businesses/functions
- Overall service level compliance.
The BSC Procurement Team Lead will manage the team within the Business Service Centre and will ensure that resources, levels of skill and workload are appropriate to meet the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) for procurement operations in the BSC.
Specifically the Team Lead will responsible for:
Team & Performance Management
- Taking receipt of all requests for order placement and data management which come into the BSC and allocating work and monitoring progress / delivery to ensure agreed service levels are met.
- Compiling operational data and providing weekly/monthly reporting on performance at a local, functional and business level.
- Studying the monthly/quarterly expected volume data and planning for workload as needed.
- Providing analysis and recommendations where targets have not been met.
- Get work done with proper attention to quality, timeliness and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring workload is evenly balanced across the team and recommending changes if needed.
- Ensuring correct staffing (volume / skills etc.) and managing recruitment and development of the team members.
- Training new joiners and monitoring performance during the training and probation period.
- Supporting team performance by undertaking activity as required e.g. covering other team roles during absence or during peaks in demand.
- Tracking all pending escalations (mandatory check: every 4 hours). Ensuring the investigation and resolution takes places and that the case is updated with the follow up details.
Processes & Systems
- Acting as the process / system document owner. This includes ensuring that material is kept up to date and highlighting any process violations via agreed channels.
- Developing and maintaining up to date procedures and manuals.
- Defining any process change/improvement requirements based on team member feedback, ongoing training requirements and Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) results.
- Managing the delivery of any process / system changes, training the team, completing documentation changes and monitoring the outcome of any changes.
- Ensuring that prioritised projects are adequately resourced and delivered to the agreed schedule and project plan.
- Delivering relevant training to the team or ensuring that appropriate training is provided.
- Owning the delivery of any changes and ensuring that any additional activities required in the process are completed e.g. User Acceptance Testing.
- Identifying the root cause of any process issues and areas for improvement.
- Performing internal audits and analysis.
- Interface into the business and IT&S for all system development/change requirements.
- Relevant Degree
- Fluency in English
Essential experience and job requirements
- 5+ years in a relevant role in procurement and materials planning, ideally in a manufacturing operations related industry
- Experience in managing and maintaining operational documentation and ERP (ie SAP, Oracle etc) systems development and operation, as is some background in operational training or coaching.
- Experience of leading and managing a team is essential
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Finance Function fulfills three key activities: to report financial and operational results, both internally and externally, with independence and integrity; to support business performance management and planning processes by using consistent data collection and reporting processes; and to integrate financial and commercial processes to enable end to end optimization. Finance also supports the development of annual and long term plans, strategies and performance management processes as well as provides economic analysis and Group Investment Assurance and Approval Process (GIAAP) support for business opportunities, investments and other specific projects as needed.
Corporate & Functions
[ "18-Feb-2017" ]