Payroll Administrator, 6 Month+ Fixed Term Contract
Payroll Administrator, 6 Month+ Fixed Term ContractReq ID 77397BR Job category Human Resources Countries (State/Region) Victoria Location Australia - Victoria - Melbourne
- To manage the Australian BP group of companies payroll (including all Award/EA payroll requirements )and to ensure integrity and security of employee information is maintained whilst complying with company, regularity and statutory requirements.
- Provide payroll advice to HR, employees and line managers
- Validate New hire information and activate for Payroll
- Responsible for all Employee Master Data changes within Payroll systems for Monthly, Award and international mobility employees or salaried employees including salary effecting uploads (e.g. bonuses, allowances etc.)
- Responsible for leave administration including parental leave, study leave, any reporting or queries verifying leave and where applicable employee purchasing of leave. Any correspondence or company requirements with government departments in relation to parental leave
- Provide payroll advise as required to employees and team leaders and manage payroll related queries including superannuation, allowances, incorrect pay amounts and if applicable car lease deductions queries
- Ensure accurate data entry and processing activities are completed on time to allow for payroll processing to commence on time including time and attendance verifications
- Work closely with the payroll processor during the payroll processing period and be the first available contact for approval of bank files
- Remittance and reconciliation of Superannuation interfaces.
- Calculate terminations and redundancies when required
- Prepare and respond to ATO/Centerlink and ABS requests
- Support internal and external audit requirements
- Perform limited user acceptance testing of payroll related changes eg new work schedules
- Anticipate potential issues and make recommendations to ensure timely and effective procedures are in place to avert any issues.
- Create and maintain procedures and work instructions for payroll
Essential experience and job requirements
- Expertise in end to end payroll administration/processing incorporating the use of time and attendance systems
- Ability to interpret Enterprise agreements and Award conditions
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Medium to high numeracy skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft suite
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Degree in accounting or related business discipline desirable.
Is this a part time position?
GBS ANZ is a provider of a broad range of integrated customer solutions, supporting BP's operations across Australia and New Zealand. Supporting both BP and Castrol brands, GBS ANZ’s services include accounting and banking operations, logistics/scheduling operations, customer service and sales, credit management, financial reporting and HR Services. GBS ANZ has positioned itself as the true leader in a highly competitive shared services landscape. As part of the BP group of companies with operations in over 100 countries, GBS ANZ sits within a global organisation supporting BP Australia's businesses of exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. With over 400 employees, 100,000 end customers and $40 billion in processed transactions per annum, GBS ANZ takes pride in being the engine room for BP.
Corporate & Functions
[ "17-Jan-2017" ]