Operations AnalystReq ID 76507BR Job category TREASURY Countries (State/Region) South East Location United Kingdom - South East - London
The in-house investment manager BP Investment Management (BPIM) is a 100% subsidiary of the BP Pension Trustee (BPPT). The Operations Analyst reports to the Operations Manager who reports to the Head of Finance & Operations.
The Operations Analyst is responsible for the day to day trade support and related operational activities across a wide range of markets and investment types. The role also involves accurate daily reconciliation of all cash and security positions.
The operations team provides operational support to the in house investment team as well as monitoring responsibilities of external Investment Managers appointed by the BP Pension Trustee.
BPIM manages directly most of the Fund’s growth assets of approx. £14bn (30 June 2016) and is responsible for the delivery of services to the Fund with regards to financial and operational activities for all of the Fund’s assets.
BPIM staff 37 (30 June 2016)
- Deliver trade support to in-house Portfolio Managers and Dealer
- Deliver silent running operational support to all investment activity
- Work closely with the Pension Fund’s global custodian & other counterparties
- Instruct all equity and fixed income settlement instructions on a timely basis
- Monitor & ensure smooth trade settlement
- Work with broking counterparties to resolve all trade confirmation queries efficiently
- Maintain settlement statistics
- Preparation of periodic commission reports
- Preparation of regulatory disclosures
- Preparation of Management Reporting
- Reconcile monthly CSA broker files
- Cash flow management
- Prepare & execute underlying cash flow matching foreign exchange
- Instruct and approve cash flows to the custodian
- Reconcile and forecast daily cash balances
- Work with the team to deliver efficient cash flow processing
- Reconcile daily stock positions in BPIM’s order management system & resolve discrepancies
- Lodge all corporate action response in line with Portfolio Managers instructions and within custodian system & deadlines.
- Track all corporate action entitlements
- BPIM third party vendor invoice processing using BP Group system
- Work with the internal compliance function to ensure regulatory compliance
- Preparation of key operational controls
- Completion of documentation for new markets
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment
- Deliver silent running operations/ zero fail environment
- University degree
Essential experience and job requirements
- Some experience in a trading environment / trade support / middle office role
- Ability to work under pressure
- Advanced excel skills
- Exposure to Omgeo products CTM & Alert
- Expected to quickly pick up the core operational procedures in place at BPIM.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Any other relevant information:
- This role is not a FCA Controlled Function and therefore not FCA regulated.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Industry recognised qualification (CISI)
- A base level understanding of Investment Management Operations / Equity and Fixed Income markets
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP Treasury is a global team whose vision is to be the world's best corporate bank at the heart of a great company. Its strategic intent is to manage the funding of the Group, key financial risks, cash management, foreign exchange dealing, and interface with banks centrally, in a manner that optimizes the overall Group's position and takes full advantage of the Group's size and credit strength. Specifically, Treasury will be accountable for the application of the following: Economic Evaluation Methodology, Corporate Structuring & Internal Funding, Group Funding, Cash & Banking, Financial Risk Management, Insurance, Financial Institutions Credit Risk Management, Banking Relationships and Group Pensions Assets Management.
Corporate & Functions
[ "24-Jan-2017" ]