Key Account Manager
Key Account ManagerReq ID 77251BR Job category Sales Countries (State/Region) North East Location China - North East - Tianjin
Key Account manager is responsible for the sales and relationship management with a group of key account customers. The role is accountable for driving growth with key customers measured through Sales Volume and Gross Margin.
This role sits in our Castrol business, a part of the BP Group. Join Castrol and you’ll get all of the benefits of a company steeped in family spirit and history, coupled with the security and opportunities a big corporation can offer.
• Keep strong HSSE bias and fully align with company Code of Conduct regulation.
• Build relationships and networking with the assigned customers and ‘own’ the customers at all touch points.
• Focus on Value addition to the customer through the principles of Strategic Account Management and Value Selling
• Achieve sales targets with assigned customers and actively seek to increase the share of wallet with the customers in this segment
• Closely monitor competitor activity and devise appropriate strategy to block competitor entry.
• Develop and own the Account plans in line with Industrial China business strategy
• Complete other sales related activities like monthly sales forecasting, product trial run, marketing promotions etc. toward company requirement.
• Liaise regularly with support team, e.g. Technical Service, sales operation, Technology etc. to drive customer satisfaction and business growth.
• Carry out all required documentation punctually and to the required standard.
Essential experience and job requirements
Experience (depth and nature)
• More than 2 years B2B sales management experience
• Experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders both within and outside the organization is essential for success in this role
• Experience managing large /complex customers
• Track record of delivery of sales targets and performance
• Experience/track record/confidence representing the company externally and dealing professionally with large customers
• Ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical business plans.
• Ability to be hands on and drive the business with direct responsibility
• Flexibility of thought and action to be able to respond to changing market environments and dynamic business situations
• Lubricants experience and background in sales and/or marketing roles
• Relevant experience of the local market including relevant legislative and regulatory knowledge
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Values and Behaviours:
Safety Demonstrate personal responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around me
Respect Build strong relationships based on trust and honest discussion
Excellence Plan carefully, make well informed decisions and do the right thing
Courage Aim to create enduring value despite short term pressures
One Team Enable others to trust me by delivering on my accountabilities and standing by decisions when they are made
Key Competencies Level
Account Strategy and Planning Mastery
Term and Value Negotiations Skilful
Deal Closure Skilful
Customer Relationship Management Mastery
Consulting and Selling Skills Skilful
Customer Profitability and Value Chain Understanding Skilful
Products and Services Knowledge Skilful
Prospect & Pipeline Management Skilful
Yes - up to 75%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of over 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
BP has been operating in China since the early 1970s. With a total investment of US$4.7 billion at the end of 2009, BP is one of the leading foreign investors in China. BP’s business activities include offshore gas production, chemical joint ventures, aviation fuel supply, LPG import and marketing, oil product and lubricant retailing, solar power installations and manufacturing, and the sales of chemicals technology.
In addition to these commercial projects, BP has been actively engaged in energy research activities, particularly clean energy and alternative energy R&D initiatives, aiming to develop clean, sustainable and local energy solutions to support the Chinese economic development. The projects we are involved in include
- Clean Energy Facing the Future – a 10-Year R&D initiative in partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- Clean Energy Commercialization Centre, a research joint venture in Partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- BP- Tsinghua Clean Energy Research and Education Centre
- BP-Sun Yat-Sen University Center for LNG Education, Training and Research
In parallel, BP has been working to invest in the community to help address the local issues. By the end of 2009, BP’s total community investment in China exceeded US$12 million and BP’s community practices have been recognized by “2007 Multinational Corporation with Utmost Core Competitiveness in China” Award jointly issued by UNEP and China International Institute of Multinational Corporations, and also “China’s Best Corporate Citizenship Award” by 21st Century Business Herald and 21st Century Business Review for 5 consecutive years since 2004.
[ "08-Mar-2017" ]