IT&S SAP Business Analyst
IT&S SAP Business AnalystReq ID 73692BR Job category Information Technology & Services Countries (State/Region) Europoort Location Netherlands - Europoort - Rotterdam
BP Refinery Rotterdam (BPRR) is located in Europoort. The Europoort refinery with an annual capacity of 150 million barrels of crude oil is one of the largest refineries in Europe and is strategically located at one of the busiest oil trading ports in the world.
The primary task of our Financial department is to ensure an integer (financial) policy in all its facets such as Financial Accounting, Oil Accounting & CDS. Drive the performance Management and annual Plan processes for the site. Act as a support service for the benefit of BP, by providing accurate and timely information and/or advice. Providing effective IT&S Services, integration of I&IS services and application support to the business unit. Within this departments specialty Information Technology & Services (IT&S) there is an opening for a
IT&S SAP Business Analyst
The specific purpose of the IT&S SAP Business Analyst is to support the SAP service delivery for the Global Manufacturing Template (GMT) as part of the Regional Resolver Group (RRG) for GMT and Global SAP Deployment (GSD)- Europe & South Africa. This requires an understanding of business processes and requires strong analytical skills to ensure business incidents, operational issues and requests are resolved in a timely manner. Furthermore ensure that all supported GMT users have the arrangement concerning the correct authorizations in the system regarding SOX rules and Delegation of Authority.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist in the coordination of activities to ensure quality SAP support to the business supported by the RRG including interfaces to and from other systems. Where necessary and possible provide the support to end users, especially concerning security cases.
- Understand the GMT / Global Financial Template (GFT) security process and initiate improvements or changes if necessary.
- Through continuous improvement activities, provide guidance to the business by understanding the value of SAP enhancements and assisting with the generation of business cases by providing functional and technical guidance. Manage through Key Users, senior working groups and design authority.
- Perform and control the following processes with special attention to SOX compliance: password reset, unlock user, new user, mover, leaver & administrative lock-out, new role.
- Ensure compliance with BP operational standards and policies for area of responsibility
- Develop and maintain support related artifacts for team reference, global support and future implementations
- Support the user acceptance testing process: creation, improvement, validation and execution of test scripts for changes to the template to ensure continuity of service for the business.
- Perform and manage feasibility studies and manage demand from businesses working closely with global design groups to delivery projects and for all enhancements
- Support of and contribution to IT&S projects in his area of expertise.
- Management of small application related projects (<100k / on the current application portfolio) from appraise to operate following standardized project delivery.
- HBO / Bachelor degree or equivalent in an Engineering/Business/IT or related discipline.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Demonstrable experience of SAP project delivery and IT support.
- Expertise in SAP solutions related to Oil & Gas, including Enterprise Asset Management (EAM/ PM), Project Systems (PS), and Materials Management (MM)
- Preferred understanding regarding integration of Fieldglass and Ariba.
- Expertise in SAP solutions related to Accounting & Controlling (FI/CO) and Procurement
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- As a part of the application process you should:
- Present a full contiguous resume quoting all subsequent dates;
- Be willing to cooperate with an reference check;
- Before commencement of employment for external candidates we require:
- A copy of a valid identity document and, if applicable, a copy of your residence permit;
- An Certificate of Conduct;
- A copy of the indicated valid diploma’s in the resume.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Proven experience with service delivery and application support coupled with a sound understanding of the Oil & Gas or Energy industry.
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English is required.
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The quality of our products and our customer's trust in us is based on the knowledge and experience of our employees. Every single employee contributes substiantially to our success on a daily basis. Besides expecting performance BP ackknowledges the personal tribute and supports the personal development of every employee. BP - "A great place to work"!
[ "01-Feb-2017" ]