HR AdvisorReq ID 77742BR Job category Human Resources Countries (State/Region) Flexible Location Singapore - Flexible - Singapore
The focus of the HR Advisor role is to support the application of appropriate people policies and procedures for clientele group from the Downstream segment in Singapore. The role is an excellent opportunity to develop skills and experience in one of the globally most dynamic and fast growing businesses and will serve as a tremendous foundation for further career development in the HR function.
- Provide HR advice, guidance and support to assigned managers and staff across a broad range of HR related issues and policies. That includes Performance Management & Rewards, Talent Management and Development, Resourcing, International Mobility, and Employee Relations.
- Manage a broad range of recruitment, sourcing, on-boarding and employee development programmes
- Support Team Leaders on Singapore legislation, policy interpretation and implementation. Provide guidance on collective bargaining and Industrial relations as necessary.
- Support the implementation of reward and remuneration processes that are aligned with local and group needs. This includes specific support to individual pay issues and the annual salary review process
- Ensure accuracy of people data in all HR information systems. Single Point of Accountability for GPD and MI reporting for the Asia & Pacific region.
- Create coherence in all HR areas, ensuring HR compliance and controls in line with company policies and standards.
- Support and champion people initiatives & activities with the businesses and functions e.g Diversity and Inclusion, well-being, etc
- Support HRD on Graduate recruitment, Meetings pre-reads, Inductions, Talent packs
- Network and work collaboratively with broader HR community in country, regional and globally
Degree in business or Human Resources
Essential experience and job requirements
- Strong HR generalist experience working in a demanding operational environment
- Experience working across the Asia & Pacific region in multinational environment is preferred.
- Recognised communication and influencing skills to engage all levels of the organization with credibility and respect of peers, team leaders and external parties
- Ability to demonstrate how HR adds value, sets high standards of client service and seeks to exceed these
- Solid understanding of the Singapore labour law and its application
- An inclusive style and willingness to share learning
- A passion for the people agenda
- Ability to manage multiple agenda for competing demands at any one time
- High level of motivation and energy with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work towards agreed targets with minimal supervision
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion as demonstrated on a daily basis both professionally and personally
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
HR Professional – at least 5-7 years of experience in HR.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Working knowledge of Industrial Law of Singapore is preferred
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Asia & Pacific Automotive Lubricants Region of the Lubricants SPU was formed on April 1, 2009 by the coming together of three erstwhile regions - Transcon (India, South & Middle East), ASPAC Growth and SEA-Pac to form one of the most exciting long term growth opportunities for the Lubricants SPU. The Region has a footprint in over 30 countries in the Asia and Pacific region.
The markets in the Region are complex with a mix of material market spaces, mature/developed countries as well as emerging and growing markets with diverse demographic profiles and economic status set in a cross-cultural milieu. In 2010, the A&P Region achieved record breaking results of revenue in excess of US$2 billion and RCOP of approximately US$500 million. A&P is now the largest OU in the Lubricants SPU. India, Vietnam, and Australia are the biggest markets in the A&P Region.
The majority of our products are under the Castrol brand, however the BP brand is very strong in certain markets such as Vietnam and Thailand. Castrol is one of the leading automotive lubricants brands (in consumer awareness and brand health), which holds a strong market share position in most of the countries we operate.
This is an exciting place to build a career - as we are focused on building talent and honing skills to work in a diverse multicultural environment.
[ "13-Mar-2017" ]