H&S Advisor, Marine
H&S Advisor, MarineReq ID 77673BR Job category Health, Safety, Security & Environment Countries (State/Region) East Location Azerbaijan - East - Baku
AGT currently operates six production platforms and three mobile drilling rigs in two separate contract areas in the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea. Hydrocarbons produced offshore are delivered by sub-sea pipeline to Sangachal Terminal for stabilization and subsequent export or delivery to the local market. L&I consist of Supply Operations Base and Quayside, Marine, Aviation, Waste Operations, Infrastructure which all are in support AGT Operations and Wells: Supply Operations Base consist of Diesel Tank Farm, AFF Plant, PIF facility, Quayside, Warehouses, Pipe Yards. Marine consist of fleet with 20+ vessels. Aviation contacted 3 helicopters. Waste Operations consist of CWAA (Central Waste Accumulation area, Serenja, Sewage treatment plant. All these activities are managed by various contractors on behalf of BP.
Advise the accountable Marine/Subsea & Aviation Leaders in meeting BP HSE Policies, Standards, Practices, and Guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining a good awareness of the risk profile for the Marine/Aviation/Subsea operation by evaluating workplace/operational hazards and developing strategies for risk control
- Providing coaching to contractors crew and contractor HS personnel
- Support Marine/Aviation/Subsea contractors to assure that all HSE risks associated with Marine/Subsea & Aviation Operation on site are adequately identified and addressed
- Lead/support/assist implementation of an annual H&S verification programme for Subsea /Marine/Aviation Operations including onshore and offshore activities and sites
- Conduct Health & Safety related campaigns with Marine/Subsea & Aviation crews
- Lead required HSE self-verification assessments on sites (Vessels, Heliport during execution of work) to verify that a safe and compliant working environment is being maintained, people are appropriately trained and competent in the work they conduct, and that current work practices are in line with the approved procedures
- Support the Marine/Subsea/Aviation Team in developing and maintaining HSE risk profile/registers to ensure that workplace/operational hazards are properly identified, documented, and controlled to Regional and Group Standards. (3.1) (Participate as required in HAZIDS, HAZOPs, Risk Assessments, etc)
- Support Marine/Subsea Reps on board the vessels to verify that they understand and comply with BP HSE Policies, Standards, Practices and Guidelines, in particular CoW procedures
- Issuing and maintaining HSE-related procedures and guidance
- Maintain Regional H&S documents related to Marine/Subsea & Aviation Operations and review processes to verify that procedures accurately reflect safe working practices
- Define and oversee the implementation of a standard approach to HSE planning across operations Work closely with all Captains, Chief Mates, Aviation Officers to assure that contractor management satisfactorily address all safety issues and risks associated with drilling and well intervention operations
- Conducting HSE-related activities in support of OMS conformance and HSE regulatory compliance
- When required participate/lead in incident investigations to determine root causes and develop corrective actions (This includes all level of incidents with range of Near Miss – HiPO/Serious Injuries etc)
- Carry out regular sails with vessels as part of self-verification process (Minimum 30 % of the month)
- Support/Lead Safety meetings, Safety Forums, Safety Campaigns etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of BP HSE practices and assure that any changes are communicated as appropriate to Marine & Aviation personnel
- Continuous professional development of those in leadership positions
- To support/encourage and ensure Near Miss reporting is maintained across the fleet
- To support Risk Management process, and facilitate Risk management reviews
- On a regular basis update/review if/when required RAT(Risk Assurance Tool)
University degree is required
Essential experience and job requirements
- Knowledge of Azerbaijani and English languages
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to engage with and effectively influence site personnel and site management.
- Knowledge of HSE and working experience with contractors
- Results orientated& ability to deliver result within set time frame.
- Ability to balance priorities between HS and Ops demands
- Ability to develop and maintain HS related documentation
- Performance Bias - Bias for action; does things before being asked to or forced to by events - Skilful Application
- Partnership and Teamwork Demonstrated track record in building networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge
- Azerbaijani citizenship is required
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Innovation - Demonstrates openness to new ideas
- Self-driven with a strong practical focus
- Marine experience will be beneficial
- NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate or equivalent
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
[ "31-Jan-2017" ]