Financial Reporting Controller - Szeged
Financial Reporting Controller - SzegedReq ID 77792BR Job category Finance Countries (State/Region) Szeged Location Hungary - Szeged
- To provide financial control and consultancy support to Account Management, Supply Chain and Business Development teams at a local level so that costing and performance tracking are managed effectively.
- Ensure that all processes are compliant with ISO accreditation and that new processes are incorporated into the Quality Management System for the GBS and are consistent with statutory requirements and BP Group policies.
- Establish, maintain and monitor effective and efficient financial controls and processes across the GBS, in line with BP requirements. This includes the process for delegation of authorities .
- Apply and monitor the application of accounting and financial Functional Standards within the GBS Teams including, but not limited to such things as the operating expenditure and Capex accrual process.
- Assist in the preparation of all GFO submissions to ensure an accurate representation of P&L, Capex, Cash and Balance Sheet.
- Challenge and provide accounting guidance.
- Monthly financial forecasts and long term plans.
- Maintain strong networks with peers in the Finance community and outsourced accounting service providers.
- Prepare and communicate all quarterly Due Diligence documents.
- Liaise with the various Accounting Centres regarding all invoices to BP and reconciliation of the AP/AR and Prepayment balances.
- Complete all Balance Sheet Integrity reports.
- Prepare quarterly Additional Data and Annual Supplementary Data reporting as required by the Group Reporting Manual and the R&M Segment - Head of Control
- Oversee the closure of relevant financial books
- Support the GBS Leadership Team and GBS peers on control and MI matters.
- Lead GBS budgeting process and work with the management team in order to deliver a realistic and timely budget.
- Manage an effective budgetary control system for the GBS to recommend actions for cost control and reduction.
- Provide financial data and analyses which contribute to all business processes at a local level so that decisions are based on accurate cost and profit information.
- Work with the GBS management team to identify and implement financial performance measures at site and team level.
- Meet corporate and governmental reporting requirements.
- Identify legal and tax implications at a local level in order to inform management decisions and optimise tax liabilities.
- Liaise with outsourced legal support teams.
Business or Accounting University/College degree.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Strong post-qualification experience, preferably in a service environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice in management accounting
- Demonstrated ability to provide proactive commercial support
- Experience with accounting software and its application
- Proven track record of working effectively within a team-based environment, including managing others
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Corporate & Functions
[ "08-Mar-2017" ]