Enterprise ArchitectReq ID 77735BR Job category Information Technology & Services Countries (State/Region) Texas Location United States - Texas - Houston bp.com #tag #lower48req
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for establishing cohesive interaction between the application platforms and the technical infrastructure on which it depends. This role demands deep technical knowledge of networks, communication, the data that travels through the network and how all of the moving parts work together to enable business to “work on demand”. Successful candidates must understand how to empower employees via technology whether they are in the corporate headquarters, a field office or a hotel room.
Most importantly, this individual will be responsible for crafting innovative, forward-looking technologies, including enterprise data access and communication patterns in order to securely and efficiently operate in our rapidly changing technical world. They must be able to demonstrate the ability to scan the external landscape for emerging technologies and work with the wider organization to implement in order to respond to transformation efforts in the business. The right person will be able to balance the theoretical with practical implementation to create an environment where the technical advances create business advantages.
Individual must excel at collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and analysts on a wide range of problems, including, but not limited to; understanding the operational process, developing and measuring performance metrics, and using statistical methods to optimize performance. But, this person must also be comfortable operating as an individual contributor and using influence and expertise to transform an organization and enable a cutting edge “work on demand” environment.
- Assess and optimize the enterprise ecosystem by ensuring that users, servers, data and applications are connected
- Research, develop, and implement methods for leveraging service oriented architecture
- Understand, manage, and evolve digital security methodologies
- Work directly with optimization engineer(s), facility engineer(s), production engineer(s), field leadership, IT, and analysts in order to understand and continuously evaluate the organization’s workflow, using metrics to identify optimization opportunities
- Ensure initiatives are implemented as efficiently as possible, and results are transparent and consistently communicated to leadership and all key stakeholders
- Work as part of geographically dispersed team, effectively communicating prioritized business unit needs and prioritized project statuses, while providing assistance and training to other team members
- Minimum requirement of four-year college degree in computer science or related discipline
- Advanced degree and/or training in computer science, data science, operations research, applied mathematics, or statistics (preferred)
Essential experience and job requirements
- Approximately 5+ years of relevant work experience dealing specifically with enterprise systems, data and communications
- Mastery of cloud platforms including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Deep expertise in authentication, encryption and digital security concepts
- Expertise in both Windows and Linux application environments
- Demonstrated ability to leverage common SOA patterns including REST, data services (e.g. OData) and enterprise APIs
- Ability to measure, analyze and troubleshoot multi-faceted systems across both infrastructure and application platforms for optimal performance
- Ability to draw conclusions from measured data and discuss with both technical and non-technical individuals to recommend actions
- Passionate self-motivator that thrives on results
- Strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to both executives and business stakeholders in a digestible fashion
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Familiarity with unstructured data (NoSQL, CouchDB, Hadoop, Azure blob, etc.)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, deliver high quality performance on multiple, simultaneous strategic, value-added tasks and priorities
- Ability to utilize business intelligence software, such as Spotfire, to develop data-analysis tools for collaboration with other teams
- Ability to constantly learn outside of a classroom environment, and successfully apply learnings
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Is this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP’s Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "11-Mar-2017" ]