Engineering specialistReq ID 77616BR Job category Engineering Countries (State/Region) Jiangsu Location China - Jiangsu - Taicang
As an engineering specialist to organize team of plant of various disciplines in planning, organizing and control the projects and engineering related activities within the plant to meet engineering standards and production targets, national compliance, while meeting the HSSE expectations.
According to BP OMS, to lead plant in process safety, design and contraction and asset operation follow and meet IM requirement.
This role will be critical to the safe delivery in the BP lubricant plant in Taicang to support the growth of China lubricant business.
This role sits in our Castrol business, a part of the BP Group. Join Castrol and you’ll get all of the benefits of a company steeped in family spirit and history, coupled with the security and opportunities a big corporation can offer.
-To plan, schedule, implement, monitor and review maintenance of manufacturing assets to ensure reliability and availability of production assets
-To manage and maintain critical equipment “fit for purpose” by complying to integrity management requirements for the plant assets
-Implementation of engineering procedures to ensure full compliance to the BP Group Engineering standards and procedures
-Lead and drive Lean Manufacturing projects(Capex) of the plant, one of the strategic initiatives of BP/Castrol
-Train and refresh the engineering skills of engineering knowledge to team.
-To ensure full compliance to statutory obligations in the impact area
- Assess need for up gradation and implement new projects/minor projects to meet business requirements.
-Ensure full compliance to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements for the plant
-Responsible for HSSE in Engineering (both people and equipment) activities and compliance to BP / Castrol HSSE standards.
-To fulfill the requirements of the IM Standard for the facilities and acknowledge roles’ accountabilities with in the IM Program.
- Act as procedure owner have completed OMS online training and capable to write procedure following 4.1 Practices and Procedures requirement, and in process safety, design and contraction and asset operation requirement.
- Act as owner of engineering specialist within the area of accountability, ensuring all activities, products and services are appropriately documented to allow for regulatory applicability to be captured.
-Working together with relevant departments to assess HSSE training needs, develop HSE training system and materials and provide training/ competence evaluation as needed.
-To develop and co-ordinate the implementation of specific Engineering programmes, procedures and processes in the plant to ensure compliance with BP and national engineering standards and legislation requirements.
- Act as BP contract accountable Manager to ensure safe execution of the contracted work while applying the Working with Contractor process.
- To report engineering performance to plant performance &CI leader and monthly submit CWIP change to fixed assets to Finance team.
Educational Qualification / Certification: Should be a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with 5 years of experience
Essential experience and job requirements
Knowledge / Experience:
• About 6 years’ experience in engineering activities in plants preferable supply chain areas.
• Good knowledge of project management, planning, co-ordination, negotiations with sound commercial judgment and should be able to work well under pressure and with competing priorities.
• Basic knowledge on statutory requirements like factories act, petroleum rules, electricity acts and rules.
• Basic knowledge in electrical and instrumentation functions
• This position requires good people management skills and should be able to lead a team – along with a battery of contractors.
• Experience in communicating and interfacing with all levels of the organization and external agencies / contacts including statutory bodies
• Demonstrate ability to manage multiple activities concurrently
• Computer literate - Expert knowledge of MS Project, MS Office specifically Excel. Ability to use and take full advantage of appropriate tools in particular. Knowledge of JDE would be an advantage.
• Safety - Seek expertise, continually learn and develop the safety and risk management skills of self.
• Respect - Build strong relationships based on trust and honest discussion
• Excellence - Follow and uphold the rules and standards of BP and hold others to account for doing the same thing
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Performance Bias: Extremely pro-active to manage wide range of activities in complex non routine context. Must demonstrate good time management, dealing with conflicting priorities and demands effectively. [Skilful]
• Wise Decisions: Systematically breaks down complex problems to solve them. Must have good judgement and be able to make sound decisions under pressure. [ Basic]
• Partnership and Teamwork: Actively support Team activities and facilitates building team effectiveness between production and maintenance teams in the plant. Seeks out sources of knowledge and best practices for team development for building a learning culture. Must demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills. [ Skilful]
• Leadership: Ability to lead teams even where there is no line authority. Must have demonstrated good influencing skills. Demonstrate significant personal autonomy and team leader authority in designated areas. Give specific coaching to others to assist their performance. [ Basic]
• Business awareness- Demonstrates understanding of internal and external customer needs and exceeds expectations. [Basic]
• Creativity & Innovative: Should be open to new ideas and constantly strive to look for and adopt newer ways of doing things in a safe and efficient manner. [Basic]
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of over 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
BP has been operating in China since the early 1970s. With a total investment of US$4.7 billion at the end of 2009, BP is one of the leading foreign investors in China. BP’s business activities include offshore gas production, chemical joint ventures, aviation fuel supply, LPG import and marketing, oil product and lubricant retailing, solar power installations and manufacturing, and the sales of chemicals technology.
In addition to these commercial projects, BP has been actively engaged in energy research activities, particularly clean energy and alternative energy R&D initiatives, aiming to develop clean, sustainable and local energy solutions to support the Chinese economic development. The projects we are involved in include
- Clean Energy Facing the Future – a 10-Year R&D initiative in partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- Clean Energy Commercialization Centre, a research joint venture in Partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- BP- Tsinghua Clean Energy Research and Education Centre
- BP-Sun Yat-Sen University Center for LNG Education, Training and Research
In parallel, BP has been working to invest in the community to help address the local issues. By the end of 2009, BP’s total community investment in China exceeded US$12 million and BP’s community practices have been recognized by “2007 Multinational Corporation with Utmost Core Competitiveness in China” Award jointly issued by UNEP and China International Institute of Multinational Corporations, and also “China’s Best Corporate Citizenship Award” by 21st Century Business Herald and 21st Century Business Review for 5 consecutive years since 2004.
[ "21-Feb-2017" ]