Distributor Business Manager
Distributor Business ManagerReq ID 77120BR Job category Sales Countries (State/Region) Guangxi Location China - Guangxi - Nanning
The Distributor Business Manager – PCO IWS role exists to manage local distributor partners and intermediaries/resellers in the sales territory or geography. The role is accountable for delivery of the PCO IWS indirect sales strategy and is responsible for delivery of financial performance targets including Sales Volume, Gross Margin and Overdue. The role is also responsible of finding prospect partners, coaching distributors and monitoring their financial position to ensure long term sustainable value for the company.
This role sits in our Castrol business, a part of the BP Group. Join Castrol and you’ll get all of the benefits of a company steeped in family spirit and history, coupled with the security and opportunities a big corporation can offer.
1. Implement country PCO IWS indirect business strategy within territory by translating it into clear business plans.
2. Deliver financial performance targets for territory including Volume, GM and Overdue.
3. Influence, coach and motivate sales teams of distributor partners targeting standardised execution of customer offers and programs.
4. Input and influence people resources allocations of the distributors to ensure strategic priorities are fulfilled within the territory.
5. Develop, agree (both internally and externally) and implement the annual business plan with the Distributor / Channel partner, providing permanent support in all areas of its contents, and in particular regarding:
a. sales performance including forecasting and reporting – with timely interventions
b. sales capability (skills and knowledge)
c. customer offer deployment, coverage and satisfaction
d. financial Return on Investment and cash flow performance
e. brand representation and compliance
f. HSSE and Ethical compliance
6. Collect results from the execution of the offers by distributor teams within territory, analyse against the planning, and run (min) quarterly reviews in order to undertake corrective actions if necessary.
7. Share field findings and experience at team level, extracting comparable information.
8. Develop and implement a systematic approach through the embedding of relevant OMS elements and ensuring appropriate risk reviews are undertaken appropriately.
9. Improve and deliver customer experience in targeted sectors and customer groups. Ensure delivery of our promises by seeking continuous improvement and efficiency in all operations making sure the voice of the customer is represented in every decision we make. Drive standardisation of our sales offers in line with our basic customer offer.
10. Ensure that all activities conducted through 3rd parties or intermediaries in country comply fully with our own CoC and local competition legalisation. Ensure compliance with country regulations, BP Group, Segment and regional policies and standards (e.g. Picasso).
Essential experience and job requirements
Experience (depth and nature)
• Minimum 3 years working experience in distributor sales and management
• Track record of delivery of sales targets and performance
• Experience/track record/confidence representing the company externally and dealing professionally with large distributors
• Experience of managing negotiations at senior level
• Ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical business plans.
• Ability to be hands on and drive the business with direct responsibility
• Flexibility of thought and action to be able to respond to changing market environments and dynamic business situations
• Lubricants experience and background in sales and/or marketing roles
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Values and Behaviours:
Safety Demonstrate personal responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around me
Respect Build strong relationships based on trust and honest discussion
Excellence Plan carefully, make well informed decisions and do the right thing
Courage Aim to create enduring value despite short term pressures
One Team Enable others to trust me by delivering on my
accountabilities and standing by decisions
when they are made
Key Competencies Level
Distributor Management Mastery
Customer Profitability & Value Chain Understanding Skilful
Legal Understanding of Contracts and Contract Management Skilful
Sales Coaching and Management Mastery
Customer segmentation & channel management Mastery
Products & Services Knowledge Mastery
Measuring & Demonstrating Customer Value Skilful
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of over 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
BP has been operating in China since the early 1970s. With a total investment of US$4.7 billion at the end of 2009, BP is one of the leading foreign investors in China. BP’s business activities include offshore gas production, chemical joint ventures, aviation fuel supply, LPG import and marketing, oil product and lubricant retailing, solar power installations and manufacturing, and the sales of chemicals technology.
In addition to these commercial projects, BP has been actively engaged in energy research activities, particularly clean energy and alternative energy R&D initiatives, aiming to develop clean, sustainable and local energy solutions to support the Chinese economic development. The projects we are involved in include
- Clean Energy Facing the Future – a 10-Year R&D initiative in partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- Clean Energy Commercialization Centre, a research joint venture in Partnership with Chinese Academy of Science
- BP- Tsinghua Clean Energy Research and Education Centre
- BP-Sun Yat-Sen University Center for LNG Education, Training and Research
In parallel, BP has been working to invest in the community to help address the local issues. By the end of 2009, BP’s total community investment in China exceeded US$12 million and BP’s community practices have been recognized by “2007 Multinational Corporation with Utmost Core Competitiveness in China” Award jointly issued by UNEP and China International Institute of Multinational Corporations, and also “China’s Best Corporate Citizenship Award” by 21st Century Business Herald and 21st Century Business Review for 5 consecutive years since 2004.
[ "01-Mar-2017" ]