Director of Structured Products, Crude and Refined Products
Director of Structured Products, Crude and Refined ProductsReq ID 77970BR Job category Trading & Supply Countries (State/Region) Illinois Location United States - Illinois - Chicago
The successful candidate will be responsible for originating customer / commercial opportunities and energy risk management transactions.
Key areas of focus will be on consumers of crude and crude products as well as liquefied natural gas (LNG) and natural gas liquids (NGLs), with a goal to grow the portfolio of customer relationships while delivering commercial value to BP.
- Originate consumer opportunities working together with our downstream business and physical traders to develop new hedging relationships
- Deliver gross margin targets and business returns through the development and execution of customer hedging strategies and structured deals
- Continue development and execution of the Structured Products strategy working together with our physical Crude, Products, LNG and NGL business in the US and LatAm
- Manage relationships with various trade benches, marketing teams, and functional teams to work transactions through the front to back process, while providing excellent customer service and information flow (I.e. Credit, Legal, Contracts and Regulatory).
- Live the BP Values and Behaviors and understand and operate within BP’s operating standards, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing and Origination in Oil and Product markets with a proven track record of originating commercial delivery and business growth
- Excellent commercial instinct, creativity and ability to find and extrapolate commercial value from multiple interlinking commodity value chains
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative within a business environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to present to senior executive management both internally and externally
- Proven understanding and experience in energy price risk management and the broader financial industry including pricing, modeling and risk-assessment
- Excellent team player with demonstrated willingness to widely share knowledge and expertise
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- MBA / CFA or other advanced degree is an asset
- Physical and financial risk management experience
- LatAm experience
- Relationships in both Consumer and Producer sectors
- LNG experience
Yes - up to 50%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST's North America Gas and Power (NAGP) business unit handles the supply and trading of natural gas and power in the North American energy market. Its business model is based on the growth of customer-facing businesses, underpinned by BP's supply position, web of interconnected assets, and world-class trading capabilities. The growth agenda is delivered through marketing and origination activities, as well as optimization and acquisition of strategic regional aggregator businesses.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
Integrated Supply & Trading
[ "25-Jan-2017" ]