Continues Improvement Lead
Continues Improvement LeadReq ID 77685BR Job category Operations Countries (State/Region) Central Location Oman - Central - Muscat
Reporting to the Activity Planning & Performance Manager as part of the Khazzan operations team.
The purpose of the roles is to support the application of Continues Improvement (CI) application in region operations to deliver tangible improvement to Global Operations Organisation (GOO) priorities: Safety, Reliability and Cost.
The CI Lead plays a key role in supporting the building of CI culture in operations and support the identification of opportunities in order to build CI capability regionally, primarily in GOO and across Operating entities where positively impact the business.
The CI Lead role presents a rare opportunity to be part of establishing a new operating centre which will aspire to the highest operating standards, comparable with the
- Support application of CI in regional operations to deliver tangible improvement to Operations prioritise in the area of Safety, Reliability and cost.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects, training/workshops to drive cultural change.
- Support local infrastructure needed to support CI practitioners e.g. CI champions and Global Operations organization.
- Reinforce communications to regional Operations teams on direction from Global Operations Organization.
- Coaching support to regional operations leadership team.
- Carrying out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Develop and conduct compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive results with the fortitude to ensure change is permanent
- Facilitate conversations and performance manage the process by having regular CI meeting cadence and ensuring that people delivering CI projects have all the support that they need to deliver.
- Ensure that saving as result of CI projects are real and can be tracked (Impacting OPEX and Budgets).
- Keep CI at the top of the agenda – by effective communication with leadership, recognition of work done and most importantly celebrate success.
- Participate in the Global Operations Organization CI practise of Community and adopt where applicable other regions successful CI in middle east region.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations or business.
Additional Commercial experience will be an added advantage.
Essential experience and job requirements
- At least 10 years’ experience in an oil and gas Upstream environment and a good understanding of Upstream Operations processes
- Should be able to travel to site (Interior) regularly.
- Managerial experience and good understanding of Work Management Process
- Experience with information systems and performance reporting analysis
- Understanding of Project Management concepts and tools
- Knowledge of planning/scheduling applications
- Proficiency of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record as a leader and / or effective influencer in the organization.
- Self starter and an ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure created by conflicting priorities from various stakeholders
- Ability to use influence gained through common understanding of a solution rather than formal ‘authority’
- Able to work in a cross Segment team environment where the focus is on achieving the best common approach for BP
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, applicable at all levels in the organization
- Experience of working in Multi-Cultural teams and a proven track record of developing high performing teams
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently in order to perform essential job functions.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Broad operations and projects experience.
- Previous project management experience.
- Experience in strategy, business plan alignment and risk management.
- Solid understanding of the work management process.
- Good understanding of information systems planning processes.
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
[ "24-Jan-2017" ]