Compliance Analyst GOE
Compliance Analyst GOEReq ID 70147BR Job category Compliance & Ethics Countries (State/Region) South East Location United Kingdom - South East - London
The Compliance Analyst is responsible for working with the other Compliance Analysts & Senior Analysts and compliance Manager to implement an effective and consistent compliance programme in relation to a particular bench or set of benches for their respective product area. The primary components of the role are to provide accurate, consistent and timely advice and guidance to the business, The role will liaise with other Compliance Analysts to ensure strong relationships and knowledge sharing across E&C.
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for the following activities, working alongside and for more complex tasks, under the guidance of the Senior Analysts and Compliance Manager:
- Identify, assess, monitor compliance risks and requirements applicable to the business;
- Advising and monitoring relevant FCA rules in relation to regulated products, inside information, conflicts of interests;
- Advising business on ABC and AML when entering into jurisdictions with low TI scores and adding that to the AML monitoring programme;
- Monitor developments and proposals and assist with the planning and the implementations of changes into respective Business Unit and broader BP impact. Providing AML and ABC analysis and assist with AML monitoring;
- Undertake activities in relation to the risk based monitoring programme and ensure that record keeping supports actions taken and any recommendations made, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring for suspicious transactions or strategies;
- Monitoring activity on exchanges to ensure alignment with Exchange rules and expectations;
- Undertake other reviews such as AML monitoring, post-implementation reviews, desk reviews and bench profiles etc as required. Developing relationships/partnerships with the business and establishing compliance as functional business partner
- Training of IST Staff on regulatory and compliance requirements and BP’s standards and procedures related to trading compliance
- Support and deliver compliance and regulatory training to the business Maintaining and Developing technical and business awareness
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of business activities and IST strategy.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of regulatory and E&C requirements, particularly in terms of their impact on activities in IST.
- Build strong working relationships with other Compliance Analysts to ensure effective knowledge sharing and timely resolution of incidents.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and good practice, and share information as appropriate and on a timely basis to enhance the quality of the compliance programme.
- Ensure appropriate and timely escalation of regulatory and compliance issues to the Senior Analysts and/or Compliance Manager where required.
- Develop and maintain strong links to other key functions/regions.
Technical and Professional Experience & Expertise:
- Some knowledge and understanding of traded products, markets and strategies and both physical and paper based trading Knowledge and understanding of regulations, exchange rules, relevant laws and internal policies
- Identifying and assessing the level of compliance risks and engaging appropriate referral procedure
- Communicating and advising on compliance & ethics through personal and written communication
- Creating and managing compliance information & performance reporting showing integrity, courage and sound judgement about compliance & ethics
Essential experience and job requirements
- Some knowledge of, or experience in the regulatory arena, with particular emphasis on compliance, control or legal matters
- Ability to understand and synthesize legal and regulatory concepts and translate for business stakeholders and to raise at all levels within IST
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to apply these skills at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills – capable of adopting a variety of styles to achieve the desired result
- Strong work ethic and ability to work creatively to achieve identified goals, both individually and as a team player working in a global function
- Problem-solving skills with ability to see the next step and follow through on operational detail
- Support and delivery of training materials Some knowledge of the FCA compliance and ABC and AML is essential for the role. Exposure and knowledge of the regulatory change is advantageous
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The role of Ethics & Compliance (E&C) is to promote and protect our reputation by building BP's capacity for ethical behaviour and its capability to comply with externally defined laws and regulations, the Code of Conduct and related group standards.
E&C is a function that works closely with business segments and functions across BP - helping line managers to fulfill their accountability for making sure that the high performance they aspire to is achieved ethically and within the boundaries of compliance. To address specific business issues we coach, train and provide practical tools and solutions to mitigate their risks. We help teams to raise issues too, through our group-wide annual Certification process. It's also our aim to help individuals use their voices to raise issues and concerns: in particular, we are responsible for the OpenTalk enquiries and concerns helpline.
Corporate & Functions
[ "24-Jan-2017" ]