Chief OfficerReq ID 77664BR Job category SHIPPING Countries (State/Region) Flexible Location Singapore - Flexible - Singapore
BP Maritime Services is currently looking for Chief Officers to join its growing fleet.
The Chief Officer is part of the Shipboard Management team and acts under the supervision of the Master within the deck department to carry out navigating, cargo and deck operations.
The Chief Officer has the authority to take action to ensure the safety of the vessel and crew and to effectively carry out the responsibilities of the role.
In the absence or incapacity of the Master, the Chief Officer must assume the authorities of the Master.
- As required by the Master, maintain a navigational and anchor watch in compliance with all legislative, Company, national and international applicable requirements including the management of lookouts
- Plan and supervise cargo and ballast operations in compliance with all legislative, Company, national and international applicable requirements including the management of the deck watch.
- Act as Pollution Prevention Officer as required by the shipboard contingency plans, including responsibility for ensuring all the required pollution equipment is available and ready for use when required.
- Carry out Deck department duties, including Mooring and anchoring operations and taking stores, as directed by the Master.
- Conform with all the requirements of the Fleet OMS applicable to the rank.
- Make the correct and appropriate entries into the ships log books.
- Act as a member of the Shipboard Emergency Response and Fire Fighting Team in accordance with the muster lists and shipboard contingency plans.
- Provide training, mentoring and guidance as per the Training Manual to the vessel’s personnel.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Deck ratings, providing mentoring, support, guidance and assessment as required.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Deck Cadets, providing support, guidance and assessment as required and ensuring timely entries in the Record Book.
- As delegated by the Master, provide medical care and treatment for persons who are injured or ill while on board and maintain all medical equipment and supplies onboard.
- As delegated by the Master, make sure that the deck and external accommodation areas fabric maintenance of the vessel is maintained to a high standard and as per the Fabric maintenance procedure.
- Maintain suitable stock levels of deck consumable items, including paint in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage the day to day deck department operation of the garbage management plan as required.
- Carry out their ISPS duties in accordance with the ship security plan.
- Become familiar with the roles and duties of the Master.
- Liaise with the Chief Engineer and the Computer based Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Ensure that all parts of the cargo handling, cargo safety and custody measurement system are in operational condition and maintained as per CMMS;
- Ensure that the vessels Life Saving and Fire Fighting Appliances assigned to the role are in operational condition and maintained as per the CMMS;
- To be responsible for the maintenance and certification of all lifting equipment and the supervision of all lifting operations carried out on the vessel;
- Ensure that all deck and associated fittings are in operational condition and maintained as per the CMMS.
- Chief Mate Unrestricted Certificate of Competency from a designated Maritime Authority;
- Specialized Oil/ Chemical or Gas Training in conjunction with tanker endorsement where applicable.
Essential experience and job requirements
- A thorough knowledge of safety and emergency systems and equipment on ships;
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills in English;
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Masters Unrestricted Certificate of Competency.
- 36 months sea-time in rank as Chief Officer
- STCW 2010 Training completed
Yes - up to 100%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP Maritime Services Singapore (BPMSS) was established in 2007 with the purpose of developing the best talent in the shipping industry and deploying them where the BP Group needs them – principally on BP Shipping’s owned and operated international tanker fleet. Headquartered in Singapore and with partnerships in India and the Isle of Man, BPMSS employs over 1200 officers who run operations globally on board BP vessels as well as serve as subject matter experts for marine-related issues across the BP Group.
BPMSS strives for excellence through providing best-in-class training that is driven by an established Performance and Development team. This holistic system is underpinned by a comprehensive competency assurance framework as well as defined performance criteria set by INTERTANKO and SIGTTO. The combination of open feedback and continuous developmental support aims to unlock our officers' full potential and build a solid talent pipeline. This process serves in creating opportunities for career progression, both at sea and ashore, and ensures BP has its own supply of future Marine capability.
Corporate & Functions
[ "10-Mar-2017" ]