Business AnalystReq ID 70788BR Job category Information Technology & Services Countries (State/Region) South East Location United Kingdom - South East - London
BP is looking for someone with a comprehensive understanding of the Credit Risk Commodities Business.
The role will serve as a Credit Risk Business Analyst within BP’s Trading organization. The Business Analyst is accountable for the integrity of Global Credit Risk solutions and is the primary interface for stakeholders located in London and Singapore.
This role is part of the Global Credit Risk IT team, which is responsible for all Credit Risk technology delivery to the business and systems required to perform their global business function including US and EU regulatory obligations.
Working with a global stakeholder base, the role will be responsible for understanding requirements, developing theoretical solutions through to practical implementation, and assisting in managing the associated change and project process.
• Engage business users to solicit and understand requirements including the business case to invest in those changes.
• Conduct analysis of business problems and drive solution delivery.
• Interface with Credit Risk technical teams to shape the technical offering to meet business demand and provide the translation from commercial requirement through to technical implementation.
• Collaborate across a global team and business stakeholders.
• Delivery of quality systems through test planning, design and promotion of test automation.
• Provide input in the estimation and planning for projects.
• Promote the Credit Risk business with external teams to improve engagements and provide efficiency in delivery.
• Promote knowledge of Credit Risk business and systems amongst the team to increase team capability.
• Identify, manage, and raise risks, issues and dependencies including escalation as necessary.
Essential experience and job requirements
• Hybrid technologist with Credit Risk Business experience in the Trading industry and a track record delivering innovative technological solutions.
• Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with technology staff and business stakeholders.
• Proven quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
• Experience with multiple technologies to improve communication with the development team.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Significant experience with data warehousing, integration, and understanding of data models.
• Proven track record in understanding technology implementation within the Credit Risk space.
• Experience working with geographically remote stakeholders and teams including managed service providers.
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP is one of the three largest energy companies in the world, operating in over 100 countries across 6 continents. Information Technology & Services (IT&S), provides a full range of IT services to BP's global business segments.
IT&S plays a critical role in the delivery of defined world-class operational services that BP businesses can rely upon in support of their own performance. Our specific accountabilities include the delivery of services to specified target levels, including availability, recoverability and cost to the corporation. These services must also be delivered safely and secured against the growing risk of viruses and other security threats.
We aim to benchmark our performance favorably against a defined peer group of the world's best and intend to deliver our services with professionalism to rival any major business corporation in the world - this is what we mean by being 'World Class'. To achieve this exciting level of performance will require a commensurate level of enthusiasm, commitment and expertise in our people.
Corporate & Functions
[ "04-Feb-2017" ]