Asset Economist (Trading Analytics)
Asset Economist (Trading Analytics)Req ID 74694BR Job category Trading Analytics Countries (State/Region) Flexible Location Singapore - Flexible - Singapore
- To provide proprietary trading analytics to the EH commercial team on asset economics for various refineries across the EH geography.
- Bridge an existing knowledge of asset economics with supply and demand fundamental modelling to create market views and develop commercial strategies.
- Act as a Trading Analytics resource for refinery modelling, linear programming and general asset economics information
|The key objectives and measures of success for the role, in order of priorities, are:|
Act as the Trading Analytics resource for refinery modeling, scenario testing, LP optimization and expansion analysis across the EH geography.
Support the IST-EH Market Analysis team in the development of proprietary supply, demand and refining market views across products.
Analyse ideas with traders, produce research supporting them & foster discussion with and across trading books. A personality facilitating communication with the trading teams is essential to ensure the success of this position.
|Help the broader RB community in the analysis of mid-term prospects & impacts on its Growth Strategy.|
- Degree in Finance or in Engineering or equivalent. A degree in a discipline facilitating an understanding of either trading or commercial refining is acceptable.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Deep experience, at least partially gained in refinery planning and scheduling roles
- Good understanding of refinery economics and scheduling
- Linear programming experience
- Track record of effective decision making
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a team environment under pressure to deliver performance
- Analytically minded and creative thinking abilities, well supported by the ability to conduct your own analysis
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Practical knowledge of commercial refining would be an asset.
- Although not a pre-requisite, it is a plus for one who has academic qualifications demonstrating skills in statistical & regression analysis to conduct quantitative analysis, and the ability to perform the analysis using various software packages.
- Advanced MS-Excel skills
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
Integrated Supply & Trading
[ "19-Jan-2017" ]