Ancillary & Marine Settlements Analyst
Ancillary & Marine Settlements AnalystReq ID 77684BR Job category Finance Countries (State/Region) Central Location Hungary - Central - Budapest
Responsible for Settlements transactions, ensuring they are processed accurately, effectively, efficiently and in a controlled, timely and compliant manner.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely completion of Settlements activities within the area of responsibility :
- Raise and issue all AR invoices for Ancillary & Marine transactions
- reconcile and match payments/pay incoming AP invoices
- monitor customer payment status to ensure timely receipt of payments. Manage past due payments, escalating as necessary
- support the provision of up to date projected cash flows to enable BP Finance to manage daily cash requirements
- resolution of volume, tax and other disputes, in a timely manner
- ensure all invoices are tax compliant
- investigate and support resolution of anomalies on the balance sheet
- manage overdue debts
- Support the Settlements Team in ensuring that the operational activity within the area of responsibility is conducted within a strong control framework. Highlight any gaps or issues and in conjunction with the Settlements Team Lead, support development, documentation and implementation of mitigations as appropriate
- In conjunction with the Settlements Team, support the integration of new business activity into area of responsibility, ensuring activity is embedded in a controlled and efficient manner
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to standardize, simplify and automate processes to improve performance and efficiency
- Support the Settlements Team in change activities to ensure successful implementation in area of responsibility
- Understand the business performance expectations of the team and support the Settlements Team in the measurement and reporting of KPIs for area of responsibility.
- Support business relationships with identified key stakeholders, building and maintaining customer focus
- In conjunction with the Settlements Team, ensure all processes are clearly documented and maintained.
- Actively support projects as appropriate
- Support Group cash and working capital management objectives
- Relevant degree in Finance/Accounting or similar
Essential experience and job requirements
- 6+ months of working experience or completed traineeship in corporate environment
- Fluent English knowledge
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of financial and physical trading instruments
- Knowledge of business drivers and how Settlements support delivery of the business strategy
- Good stakeholder management/customer service capabilities
- Proven ability to communicate and influence
- Good Excel skills and ability to manage data from multiple sources and systems
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
Is this a part time position?
BP delivers energy products and services that people around the world need. Our Upstream segment is responsible for oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production. Our Downstream segment is focused on the refining and marketing of fuels, lubricants and petrochemicals. Our commitment to building a stronger, more sustainable energy future is matched by our commitment to the people who will make it a reality
Integrated Supply and Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance.
At GBS Europe we’re a highly-skilled and diverse team of 1,200 professionals, based in Budapest, Hungary. We also have a small finance team in Istanbul, Turkey. Priding ourselves on excellent teamwork, since the center opened in 2009 our people have driven this part of the organization to become an excellent regional European business service center.
Corporate & Functions
[ "01-Feb-2017" ]